Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Eternity Cure - Blood of Eden #2 - Julie Kagawa

Release Date: April 30th, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Age Group:  Young-Adult
Pages: 446
Format: e-book

Source: Netgalley











Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.


Review:


I’m just going to cut to the case: this book was my very first DNF (did not finish), so this is going to be a short review. I read ‘The Immortal Rules’ last month and thought it was OK, I had more of a “meh” feeling about it. I’ve read every Kagawa book (I bought the whole Iron Fey series, I should have read one first before doing that, but well, I was enthusiastic). Having read all of them I can honestly say I’m not that big a fan of Kagawa’s books. But this one was just…
I can’t understand what all the fuss is about. Everybody is showering this book (and all of Kagawa’s other books for that matter) with praise and I just can’t see why?
The book never pulled me in, not once. The characters were shallow and typical Young-Adult, nothing new there, nothing I didn’t expect, nothing to throw me off and mess with my head (which I like in a book).
The romance was awful. I didn’t believe a second of it and the “passionate” scenes were painful to read. There was just nothing passionate about it, the setting was all wrong, the feelings didn’t reach me. I want to read a passionate scene with a good placing in the story where the sparks fly of the pages and make me blush. There was absolutely no fire here, no sparks.
The story itself should have been action packed and riveting, but it all seemed rather dull to me. The action scenes all seemed a bit thrown together.

No, just no. 70% in, I gave up. I have no motivation at all to read on and I won’t be doing it either. I’m just not interested. 

Rating:
DNF, no rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment