Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Debut Author Challenge


Hi everyone! 

I hope 2013 started off great for all of you. I wanted to tell you all a little bit about the second challenge I'm participating in this year (the first one being my very own Steampunk Challenge), namely: the 2013 Debut Author Challenge! This year Tara from Hobbitsies is hosting the challenge and doing a fabulous job so far! 
So what's this challenge all about? 
Each of the participants has to read and review at least 12 debut author books this year. These are authors who are releasing their very first YA book in 2013. This way debut authors get more exposure and we, readers, get to know some debut novels we might otherwise never have noticed. 
The other great thing about this is that there are prizes to win! Each month you can post a link to your review of a debut over at Hobbitsies and at the end of the month, if you're lucky, you can win a prize pack! Each review counts as one entry. There's also a big prizepack at the end of the challenge! There's no deadline to join the challenge, so if you still want to participate follow THIS link. There's also lots of info over there, so take a look if you're interested.

Here's my list of 2013 debut YA novels I'm planning to read for the challenge (in no particular order). This list may change during the year! I'll make a page about the challenge with the whole list, so you can follow my progress througout the year! 

  • Taken by Erin Bowman
  • Splintered by A.G. Howard
  • Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
  • City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster
  • A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso
  • Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
  • The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell
  • Altered by Jennifer Rush
  • Pivot Point by Kasie West
  • Poison by Bridget Zinn
  • The Holders by Julianna Scott
  • Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for reading my blog! I love you all and hopefully 2013 will be even more spectacular and filled with awesome books than 2012 was. 

Love,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment