Thursday, November 15, 2012

Steampunk Challenge 2013

A while ago I decided to sign up for the Debut Author Challenge 2013 over at Hobbitsies. I really like the idea of challenging myself to read a certain category of books, especially since we're talking about debut authors. Lots of new talent to discover! 
This got me thinking though. I've always wanted to read some steampunk novels, but I've never gotten around to it. And what better way to make me read some steampunk books than challenging myself?
That's how my "Steampunk Challenge 2013" idea was born!

I've already made a list of books I want to read for this challenge. This list may grow over time, depending on how much time I have to read all these books.
So without further ado, here's the list:

The Lazarus Machine by Paul Crilley
Goodreads















Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
Goodreads















Clementine by Cherie Priest
Goodreads















Dreadnought by Cherie Priest
Goodreads















Ganymede by Cherie Priest
Goodreads















The Inexplicables by Cherie Priest
Goodreads















Phoenix Rising by Phillipa Ballantine
Goodreads















Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Goodreads















Shadow of the Apt series by Adrian Tchaikovsky
(8 books)
Goodreads













Soulless by Gail Carriger
Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. You must add Devon Monk's Age of Steam series. I'm reading Gail's YA debut as part of that challenge this year.
    Telling my major Steampunk fan friend about your challenge. She's read all of Cherie Priest's books. She's reading the Kady Cross series now.
    Good luck with your challenges this year. I'm hoping to read much much more this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added it! Thanks for the tip!
      I was reading your 2013 DAC post and I thought the name Gail Carriger sounded familiar! I think I'll read his YA debut too, for both the challenges.
      Good luck to you too Shelley, and hopefully a year filled with awesome books ;-)

      Delete
  2. Lovley collection. I have only read one steampunk book aka The Girl in the Steel Corset...

    Good luck...

    ReplyDelete